In answer to Lanna's comment, I have returned. I think I fell into a deep, dark hole (or something or the sorts). No--the hurricane (Ike) did not touch us. They were fully expecting it to. To the extent that they were warning us to bring things inside or tie them down and be ready for 4 days of serious rain. The grocery stores were even sold out of staples such as bread, milk, and bottled water. It was supposed to hit over the night Friday. We woke up Saturday to sunny skies! Unfortunately, I know others haven't faired as well through this and our prayers are with them!
The kids returned to school a month ago. Being the slacker-mom that I am, I missed taking pictures on the first day. Then I had full intentions to have them put on what they wore the first day and pose for some "first day" photos. Now that it's a month out, that seems even more ridiculous than it did in the first place. They are all absolutely loving their new schools!
Everyone is making friends and finding their niches. I am so impressed with the schools here. They have structured P.E. 4 times a week taught by a coach (not their teacher). They all have music class, art class, and computer class. Zach's school has 4 computer labs, his music class is for a letter grade (he learns to read music) and he switches classes 4 times a day. They call is intermediate school (5th and 6th grade) and it's a preparation for junior high. He has decided to join the traveling choir that practices after school. This is keeping us busy, as they practice on Wednesdays. All 3 children have soccer practice on Wednesdays (as well as Mondays) and Zach goes straight from soccer to scouts at church. Whew!
I was hired last week as a substitute teacher in the kids school district. My orientation isn't for another few weeks, though. Then I can start working some. I'm very excited about that! It would be nice to get out and meet people (even if it is primarily kids).
The house is slowly but surely coming together. I'm expecting to have it the way I want it in about a year! LOL We finally hung alot of our pictures last weekend and I unpacked the garage yesterday. Tomorrow night someone who does custom draperies is coming over to help me out with some ideas. I need all the help I can get!
Other than not having any friends, staying home is really agreeing with me. My home has never been so clean! I've been able to go to the gym at Randolph on a regular basis, which has been great for my psychy if nothing else. Unfortunately, to really see the effects that I want to of the gym, I will have to alter my eating habits. Not sure when that'll happen! Although, I have been cooking dinner most nights--and Brian actually likes it (thank you Rachel Ray!)!
Well, time to get on with my domestic duties and go grocery shopping...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Life sounds good for you guys - that is great! HUGS
Post a Comment