Saturday, November 29, 2008

Long overdue visit!

This last week, my older sister, Cheryl, and her family came to visit for Thanksgiving. We haven't seen each other in 13 years, due to how far apart we lived. Our parents married when I was 12. She was my best friend through junior high and high school and as far as we are concerned--we're sisters! She brought 4 of her 5 children and her husband. The children quickly bonded and we realized that this visit was long overdue. Below are some fun pictures of the family together.

Cheryl's family and I went to the Riverwalk one day while the kids were in school and Brian was at work. Ahhh the joys of retirement....

Meghan was inseparable from her cousin Joel. She thought having a great big cousin was the best thing in the world!!


Cheryl and I in the local caverns. I got some incredible picture while I was in there--I'll have to post those separately.

Kiersten and Meghan adored thier cousin Sarah! It actually took a few days for Kiersten to stop waking up crying for her.
Zach spent a good part of the week imparting his video game "knowledge" on Seth.

Brian and Mark in the kitchen. I think Mark was trying to figure out which was the kitchen utensil. LOL

Sarah doesn't take a bad picture! This was after treking through the caverns.

Jared's sweetness even shows through on the picture.

Not sure if I have a son or a monkey--maybe a little of both!

Another monkey-boy, Joel, with his fabulous smile!

A great shot of the 3 youngest--all so photogenic!

Yes, Meghan is giving the "rock on" sign! She definitely is her mother's daughter!

Kiersten and Sarah bonding.

"Are you really that tall?!"

The whole gang!

This is before our midnight shopping spree. I took the 4 oldest kids shopping just after midnight on Black Friday at the factory outlet mall. We're all wearing PJs b/c the first 500 shoppers in PJs got a free gift. We were nowhere near the first 500! It was crazy, but great fun!
Here we are having breakfast at Whataburger at 4 am on Black Friday after our shopping spree!


It was such a great visit! We had 11 people in this house and it wasn't even challenging. That sure says something! I guess it didn't hurt that they were more helpful than your typical guests. Cheryl was constantly doing dishes and straightening up, while Mark cleaned our garage, washed my van and just about any other odd job he could get his hands on. Those kinds of guests can come back anytime! LOL Even if they hadn't done all of that, we are anxious to see them again. This time we're sure the kids won't allow us to go so long between visits!

No comments: