Thursday, November 13, 2008

Teaching updates

Well, I have now had the honor of teaching high school and intermediate school (which is 5th and 6th grade here) as well as junior high! I already have horror stories and classes that I absolutely love.
One of my junior high school classes was just out of control! I was a math teacher one day and the AP (honors) class was fantastic. We had a great time and I had a positive out look for the day. Little did I know that the day would slowly but surely digress. By 8th period, I was literally having to shout so the children could hear me and follow them around to keep them in thier seats. The part that was so disheartening was that there were children with thier hands up who truly needed help and I had to ignore in order to discipline the chaos. It is so unfair to the children who want to learn! Don't get me wrong, I got them under control and handled it, but that's not my idea of teaching!
High school has been interesting as well. I've had little 17 year olds hit on me while they are serving in school suspension. That's fun! LOL
My absolute favorite has become 5th and 6th grade PE coach. I have a blast with these guys! The time flies by and I even get my exercise in while I'm working. I've done that gig a few times and almost wonder if I should focus my Master's in Physical Education--or maybe a minor.
Tomorrow I get to teach Drama and Theatre Arts for high school. I think that should be a lot of fun--we'll see.
It is all such a new and fun experience for me! It almost feels like I'm playing and, oh yeah, we're going to pay you to have a good time!!
Life is good!!

2 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Your new little career sound so fun, except the crazy out of control kids thang! I can't wait to hear more stories.

Suzie said...

That sound like life is awesome for you out there! I am so happy to hear that. More stories - you hot mama!!!! Getting 17 year olds to hit on you, way to go! ;)