After having lived here for almost 6 months, it's starting to look like home. It's just taken me quite a while to decide exactly what I like. Below, I've posted some of my most recent decorating feats. Some were on my own, while a couple were assisted.

This is my entry way, which went bare for much too long. Of course, after I posted it, I noticed the huge smudge on the mirror.

Our Texas bench and coat rack--yes, it is cowhide on the bench. I love it! The seat also lifts for storage. I know the mirror is all smudged--I used WD40 to take the price tag off and have yet to be able to get the greasiness of the WD40 off. That was a lesson learned! LOL

This is the one project I am most proud of. I put up a shelf for each child and we keep a nice display of thier artwork on the shelves. The kids love it and I think it really adds a homey feel.

Finally, I have curtains in my dining room. They have finials in the corners (see close-up picture below) and we are actually adding one to the center of the large window. I am also adding the soft honeycomb blinds that lower from the top or bottom and will keep them at the bottom of the windows for privacy.

These are the curtains in the main room. It's really hard to capture the full effect in photo. I've taken a closer picture of the center finial which is below and a few more shots. We opted not to actually cover any window as there is nothing but a ranch behind us. If they build back there, the lady that did the drapes for me has some ideas that we can add on to give us privacy.

This is the top half of the windows taken from our upstairs "catwalk."

Looking down from the "catwalk."

This is a good shot of the center finial. It is about 18 inches across and made of a really solid metal.

This is the finial found at the corner of each curtain in the living room and dining room. It is 4 inches across.
BTW--finial is my new word--I didn't know what it was until I started working with custom window dressings.
So there you go--I know it's not as exciting for anyone else but me. But I'm pretty happy with how it is slowly shaping up!
4 comments:
It looks FABULOUS!
I love the new digs!!
Your shelf for each child's work is genius! What a great way to showcase them and have them know and feel their importance! LoVe It!!!
OK girl, you have been busy. I think it all looks beautiful.
Beautiful! Good work! Love the bench too and honestly I wouldnt have noticed the smudge at all!
Post a Comment