Christmas is finally here! This is my absolute favorite time of the year!! I love decorating (as displayed), I love the music, I love the spirit and, unfortunately, I LOVE the food!
This year, since I've retired and am staying home, we've found money is quite a bit tighter than last year. About a month ago, we had the discussion with the children that, of course, Santa will come, but they will only get one present from us this year. I was amazed at how well they took it! All three of them said they would rather have me home than have a bunch of presents for Christmas. I almost cried! Isn't that what Christmas really is about?! We need to learn more from children!!
So below are a few pics of the house. We didn't do much with the outside this year. We don't have nearly enough lights to do this house. So, we will work on things gradually--year by year. One thing at a time!
This year, since I've retired and am staying home, we've found money is quite a bit tighter than last year. About a month ago, we had the discussion with the children that, of course, Santa will come, but they will only get one present from us this year. I was amazed at how well they took it! All three of them said they would rather have me home than have a bunch of presents for Christmas. I almost cried! Isn't that what Christmas really is about?! We need to learn more from children!!
So below are a few pics of the house. We didn't do much with the outside this year. We don't have nearly enough lights to do this house. So, we will work on things gradually--year by year. One thing at a time!



5 comments:
Someone has been playing with her blog! It looks good. I love the new picture at the top and your decor looks awesome! I sure miss you guys!
Great decorating! What a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit!
And I, too, love the family photo!
WOW!!!!! You did a TON of deorating. I looks great!
I agree that's what christmas is all about:) I think we as adults are the ones that let that get away. I'm so glad your home with your kiddos I bet their loving it. Your house is so cute, I love the decorations:)
Is that the same tree that kept falling over last year? LOL.
Your new family picture is awesome. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment