Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Well, of course I'm a week late at blogging events! Last Saturday morning we went to the ward's Easter Egg hunt/pancake breakfast. Lots of fun--but the only time I could catch the kids still enough for a photo was while eating!

The hunt was over before we knew it. Apparently, more children showed up than anticipated and they told the kids to limit themselves to 8 eggs. My girls, of course, didn't hear the announcement. So when Daddy ran out to tell them, Kiersten quickly unloaded her basket until there was only 8 left. Meghan did the same, but under much protest and followed with many tears. On the way out, they passed a little girl who didn't get any. Daddy told the little girl that Meghan would love for her to have her eggs and dumped Meghan's entire basket into the little girl's empty basket. He told her if she couldn't be grateful for what she had, she would get nothing. I admired the move, but have to admit, I couldn't have done it. By the end of the day, though, Meghan was completely over it and confessed that Daddy did the right thing and that she was being selfish. There's a reason God gave us 2 parents! :)


1 comment:

Suzie said...

Oh way to go BRIAN!!!!! I agree that would have been hard for me too, but what he did taught her a lesson that she might remember for life. My mom did something similar and I never forgot. About the same age. Sometimes the best things we do as parents are the hardest. High 5 to the Bri guy! :)