Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Snake Farm

Today we visited the famous New Braunfels Snake Farm. I've promised the kids a field trip or two a week, with the stipulation that it can't be something Brian would want to do with us. Those things, we will wait for him to do on weekends he's in town. As it turns out, Brian had no desire to go to the snake farm.

Funny thing is, niether did I! It turned out to be not that bad. It definitely IS a snake farm, with more snakes than I've ever seen, to include a rattlesnake pit. But they also had many more animals. Beyond raising snakes, it's basically a rescue shelter for exotic breed animals. The kids definitely enjoyed themselves!
Meghan loved the miniature ponies, but still wasn't real sure about things, having just stepped out of the snake house.
Kiersten is thrilled that she finally realized what a deer looks like. My poor city bred daughter!
Zach thought a Zebra at a snake farm was just the coolest thing!
Meghan quickly made a friend. She couldn't be separated from this little piglet who was following her wagging it's tail like a dog--except when the pushy goat would scare her away from it trying to get her food.
I think there were two rows of fences so you won't do just this. Leave it to my kids!
They had to do what big brother did--only with shorter arms, they got alot of tongue (and not in a good way). LOL Can you say hand sanitizer!!?


Meghan wasn't the only one making friends. Zach hung out with these two goats for quite a while.
Kiersten had to feed the Lama or Alpaca (whatever it is). I was just waiting for her to slip into it's oh-so-slimy mud puddle! We got lucky on that one and almost got away unscathed. That is until a very friendly turkey decided that Zach's finger tasted better than the feed he was feeding it. It startled and hurt him a bit, but, thankfully, didn't break the skin.
While I enjoyed watching the kids have a great time, I was thankful to leave and get a breathe of fresh air!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yehaw! Looks like you are having fun exploring your new digs!