Monday, August 11, 2008

The Wonders of Leodardo da Vinci

During our explorations of the local area, we visited the Witte museum which currently has an incredible Leonardo da Vinci exhibit. I had considered myself a fairly educated individual, but at the exhibit I felt like an idiot! I had absolutely no idea to the extent that da Vinci's genius reached. I knew of the artwork and some of the inventions, but the man was amazing! The exhibit had many of his inventions from sketchings that were never actually built. Most of them were hands on so you could experience how it actually worked. It was extremely educational and the best part was the kids had a blast! I loved watching Zach just soak it all in! We need to find more field trips like that--especially the air conditioned ones!! LOL
Spending much more time at the museum than anticipated, we left famished. Quickly looking for something to eat the kids begged me to visit the IHOP across the street. I cringed at the thought and convinced them to visit a mexican grill that had a banner toting "best enchiladas voted 2008." I am a sucker for enchiladas. Wow! They were awesome! With 6 different enchilada sauces to choose from, I created 3 completely different ones and left stuffed! My favorite was the smoky chipotle sauce with monterey jack cheese and shredded chicken. (the mole was pretty darn good too, though) We will definitely need to bring Brian back once he's home from Seattle. That shouldn't be a problem since I bought family passes to the museum and the restaurant is across the street. How's that for planning?!
Well that's the latest of our San Antonio expeditions. Not sure what's on the horizon for this week, but I'm sure it'll be fun!!

No comments: