Monday, July 14, 2008

After much searching, I was successful in locating our new ward. We attended yesterday and were warmly welcomed! The best part is that the primary is HUGE! The kids were so excited to make new friends. This was heartwarming since I have found Kiersten hiding in my room or the guest room crying and when I question her, she just says she misses her friends. She is the last one I expected to take the move so hard. One family even stopped by last night to bring a plate of cookies. They have 2 girls within a year of Kiersten and Meghan and 2 boys within a year of Zach. Everyone got along fabulously! It looks like we are on our way to getting settled--not with unpacking, though. Yesterday was a down day since it was the Sabbath. Other than church, we just spent the day playing games and hanging out together. The kids went to the neighborhood waterpark for a little while to cool off and Meghan helped me cook dinner. I think that may be the remedy to Meghan's picky eating. It seems that whenever she helps me prepare the food, she loves whatever it is. I may need to keep that little girl in the kitchen. Dinner was so much more pleasant without the whining! All in all, a great Sunday (except that we miss Brian)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like everyone is getting settled! Being involved in the process of cooking may make it seem less like there is a mystery about what is in dinner. It also may give her more comfort knowing she has a bit of control with what is going on with a meal. Anything to bring about a peaceful meal!

Suzie said...

Oh that is so nice that there is a huge primary - we have never been in a ward with a large primary - I bet that makes for a lot of fun. Hope Brian gets to home come soon and you are all together in your new life!