Friday, July 11, 2008

Schlitterbahn!

Yesterday the kids and I took a break from setting up the house and spent the day at Schlitterbahn. Since I didn't have a camera with me, I downloaded a few pictures from the website (http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/attractions/). The pics didn't turn out great, but for those who haven't heard of Schlitterbahn, check out the website. We spent 8 hours a the park and only made it to 2 of the 3 sections (the 3rd being the largest one). Now that I'm done with my sales pitch for the park--the kids had a great time! We brought along Zach's new friend Michael. He lives just across the street and is the same age. It's great that he has me someone so quickly. It was also nice b/c there were some ride too intense for the girls. So Zach and Michael would go ride those while the girls and I would ride something milder.
We're able to bring coolers into the park, so we packed our lunches and snacks and had a nice little picnic halfway through the day. The one point that it rained happened to be when we were eating and were undercover. That was brief and the rest of the day was beautiful!
I have had many requests for pics of the house. I'll try to get some up. Currently, the house is full of boxes. I would really prefer to get pics up as it looks good. In addition, I am extremely technically incompetent and Brian is out of town. I don't even know where the cords are to download pics from my camera, much less how to do it even if I could find them. LOL I promise to get some up soon though! I was telling Lanna, what might be more interesting is posting pictures of the Texas longhorn that graze just to the side of our house every afternoon. There's usually about a dozen of them out there with a couple of their young and a few donkeys! Then to the back of our house are cows. They're not nearly as interesting as the longhorn, though. To anyone wondering--no--it doesn't smell like cow manure. I still haven't figured out how we are so lucky. It may be b/c there aren't really alot of them. It also could be that the constant breeze is in that direction. Either way, we get to enjoy looking at them without smelling them!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Oh how FUN! I am so happy that you are getting to spend this summer with the kids, I know how much it means to you. Retirement sure looks like fun so far!