Thursday, July 17, 2008

The new home

I was looking through my files and realized I had quite a few nice pics of just before we moved in. Keep in mind, it's also just before landscaping. So here it is!




Landscaping really adds alot, so lets pretend there's lots of grass, shrubs and a couple little trees. We are in a cul de sac with a ranch (remember the long horns I mentioned) to the side and back of us. The end lot, which is just to the left of our house if you are facing it, will be a grassy area--nothing will be built there.
This is the view as you walk in the front door. The french doors on the right lead to my office. The next doorway on the right is the kitchen. The first door on the left is to the garage and the second is our entry hallway.
This is the reverse view so you can see my front door. I got the extra tall door and if you look closely, you may be able to see my Texas star inlaid in the center of the glass. Hey, if I'm going to be in Texas--I'm going to embrace is fully!!
I don't have any great pics of the kitchen yet, but this is the tile on the kitchen floor. It goes really well up against the wood flooring. It's also the backsplash in the kitchen.
Self explanatory--our stairs. I love the opennes of them, although I have to admit that once you get up there, it seemed like a bit of a maze until we got used to it!
This is the game room. It has a raised roof (as does our master suite) and a large window seat (which we put in every room!). We did have the door put on, but it doesn't seem to keep the noise level as low as we'd like, so we are going to put in some plantation shutters to try to buffer some of that.
This is the view of our fireplace (notice the stone is the same as on the exterior) and our great room looking down from the upstairs landing.

Now for my haven. Brian got to choose really dark colors for his kitchen (which I wouldn't have chosen, but now love), so I got to go light and airy with my bath. This is my vanity.
A tub with jets--need I say more!? You can't see it, but there is a big picture window just above the tub. It's beautiful, that is, until you are standing up to get out of the bath. LOL Needless to say, I don't keep it open as often as I'd like.
Our shower--I originally wanted a larger shower with a seat, but I would have lost my linen closet. So I opted for the traditional shower. I did have fun with the little accent tiles, though!


Finally--a separate room for the toilet with a fan and everything. So my bathroom can still stay lovely!
Here is Brian's vanity. We took the tile up the side of the tub and I was really happy with how it turned out! It's so hard sitting in a room choosing all of these things hoping they will come together the way you picture in your head!!
Here is our master bedroom. We have double doors leading into it. Further left in the picture is the door leading to the deck.
Here is the deck of our master. I absolutely love this!! The first little shuttered window you see is my walk-in closet and the next, larger shuttered window is the girl's room. They also have a window with a window seat on the side of the house. The kids also have walk-in closets, which is great! And there is a sink and vanity in each of the kid's rooms with the tub and bath in between. It's a fantastic setup!!
Well, I hope this satisfies some curiosity. Once I get more recent pics of us with our furniture and landscaping, I will post them. Especially of the kitchen!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Are you enjoying the lovely weather?

Caryl said...

Thanks! We actually are enjoying the weather! It's been pretty nice and cools down beautifully with a wonderful breeze every night!

Suzie said...

DUDE - I LOVE that deck off the bedroom. The rest of the house is awesome too! What great pictures - I could see the grass and tiny tree ;) Thanks for sharing!

Caryl said...

Thanks for using your imagination with me. LOL The deck is my favorite too. Brian comes home from Seattle tomorrow and I bought a cozy little set of rattan swivel chairs and matching end table for the patio to surprise him!

Suzie said...

I am so happy to hear he is coming home! Have a great time altogether starting your new life! What a nice surprise, I know he will love it too.

Cook Family said...

Holy cow! Your house is huge! I'm turing green with envy. No, really. I'm about to puke.

Congrats. You deserve it.

Lanna said...

I love the pictures! With houses on the brain, I can totally see it filled with your furniture and the kids running in and out of all the rooms! Thanks for posting them. :)

Nocella Clan said...

Wow I am totaly jealous. I'm not even showing your house pictures to Mike or the next thing I'll know we'll be your next door neighbors. Absolutely beautiful!

Caryl said...

Thanks! The lot next to us IS available! What's Mike's e-mail address? LOL