We finally ordered wood blinds for the whole house (minus the huge windows in the great room)! We've been holding off a bit, price hunting and comparing quality. The greatest thing we ordered was plantation shutters for the open cutouts in the game room and overlook our great room. This should help with dampen the noise a bit. Currently, the house down right echoes and if we are in the great room, we hear everything in the game room and vice versa. Unfortunately, since we have a bunce of large, odd shapped windows, it will take 2-3 weeks to get the blinds and 6-8 weeks for the shutters. So all our neighbors can finally breathe a sigh of relief!
Even more progress! Two days ago our sofas were delivered, so we are no longer sitting on hard wood floors in the great room. The sofas are absolutely gorgeous Natuzzi Italian leather--soo soft and comfy! The only downfall is that I didn't judge the color well in the show room. I think I either thought the sofas were lighter or our wood floors were darker (or maybe a combination of both). Whatever the case, they are almost the same shade. So, currently, we have a very BROWN great room! LOL My job now is to figure out how to bring in some color and lighten it up a bit with an accent chair, area rug, drapes, throw pillows, etc. The biggest problem with this plan is that while I have grand ideas, I don't have a creative bone in my body! So we'll see how it turns out. I will definitely post a picture once I finish my masterpiece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like you are having fun putting your home together! We did the same thing when we purchased our suede couches, a little more on the dark side of chocolate than we expected. But it has been nice for us since we have had so many friends and family use it to sleep on or just hang out on.
Can't wait for the pictures!
Thanks for the words of confidence, but I'm a little concerned! I did get a big cream shag area rug today and it actually makes the room pop a bit. I'll try to post a picture as my progress goes with my scary little project of decorating. LOL
You are going to do a great job! And in the end if you don't like it, you can always return or exchange the items you don't like! That is the fun of it! Not to mention the advantage you have of being able to paint the walls, create just about any mood you want with the decor, or leave it all plain! Go for it! Have fun!
Post a Comment